Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My Girls Are My Air...Without Them I Can Not Breath!


I have 2 precious girls. I love them both with everything I have. I can not imagine my life without my daughters. My girls are growing up so fast. I remember when Joslyn was 1 and a half and Allison was only 3 months old (they are only 15 months apart). Nearly everyone told me, "Cherish these years because they grow up so fast". While friends and family were telling me this I was thinking in my mind...they aren't growing fast enough for me! I can't wait until my girls can tell me what hurts when they're sick. I can't wait until they sleep through the entire night, feed themselves, dress themselves, get in the car by themselves....

Joslyn and Allison are now 8 and 7. I can say to other mothers of infants, "Time really does fly by"! Sometimes as I reminisce about the past 8 years I think of how much easier it was for me when my daughters were babies. My girls didn't fight with each other. Allison was so laid back as a baby. Joslyn was the attention getter.

Now my daughters want to pick out their own clothes. Joslyn wants to fix her own hair. Joslyn wants to decorate her own room, her friends are calling her on the phone everyday. She doesn't want me to eat lunch with her at school.

However every night before my girls go to bed they want to each read a book with "momma"! Joslyn loves to read her library book with me. She tells me every night to lay down with her in bed so she can read her "chapter book" to me (the book we are currently reading has 30 chapters).

Allison brings books home from the library and wants to read them with me too. Sometimes when she gets tired she will let me finish the book. I treasure these moments I spend with my daughters, especially now that I realize time really does fly by. When my girls want to hold my hand or give me kisses, give me hugs, or talk about their day at school with me...I love it. I treasure it and savor every moment!

I love my daughters with my heart, mind and soul...Joslyn and Allison are my air and I can not breath without my daughters!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It's so true! Each day goes by slowly, but the years fly by. Great blog Denise!!!

Anonymous said...

Good post.