Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Relationship with my Girls


(I learned this from Max Lucadeo)

When I ask myself this question or when someone else asks me this question I need to know this and remember this:
What do you want your relationship with your girls to be like?

Someone once gave me a very precious, fragile, delicate, rare diamond stone to borrow for one evening. I wore this necklace to a very elegant ball. There are so many important people in society at this ball. I took such good care of this precious, rare, fragile gem. I have to - after all this necklace, with its precious gem hanging from my neck, is not mine. I am only borrowing it. It was a loan. I dare not dishonor the owner's treasure.

When I gave birth to my girls, God loaned me His work of art. Both my girls are a carefully crafted, and precisely formed MASTERPIECE! He entrusts me with a one-of-a-kind creation. I will value my girls! Children spell love with 4 letters: T-I-M-E. Not just quality time but hang-up time (no phone), downtime, anytime. My girls are my calling. They are a treasure that God is letting me "borrow" here on earth. God wants me to raise these 2 blessings with love in their hearts for HIM and a desire to share His love with others. One day God will take His 2 treasures back up to heaven with Him. I will try with all I have to remember to cherish my girls that God has so graciously blessed me with.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I love this Denise! What an amazing view on how to love our babies. They are these little gifts from heaven :)