Okay, I'm back in my "blogging mood".
We arrived in Germany on the 4th of August. About 2 weeks after we arrived into the country I found out I was pregnant. Philip and I had been trying to get pregnant since May of this year, so we were both excited about the positive results on the home pregnancy test!
We are living on post and have a 4 bedroom apartment. Philip originally had plans of using the 4th bedroom as his office. Yet I had plans of turning the 4th bedroom into a guest bedroom however that problem was quickly solved. Its going to be a nursery.
The girls started school on the 25th of August at Schweinfurt Elementary. Allison began 2nd grade and Joslyn is now in 4th grade. They love it! Well Joslyn isn't to fond of her teacher, but has made many new friends and is in the Gifted and Talented program. Allison simply adores her teacher and has made fast friends as well! Joslyn is playing soccer again and is having a blast! She has practices on Wednesday's and games on Fridays. I'm still thinking about whether or not I want the girls to play winter soccer. I'm not sure if I really want to sit out in the freezing cold and watch the girls play soccer. I still have time before I need to make this decision. Both Joslyn and Allison love it here. They walk to school every morning and hook-up with Joslyn's best friend at the corner of our street and all 3 girls walk together to school. Every afternoon they meet up with their friends and play outside. As a matter of fact the girls are outside with their friends right now "Sweeping" up leaves into a huge pile so they can jump in it. We don't have a rake so they improvise with what they have.
Philip is getting ready to go back to Iraq for another year. We are hoping of course that he will be able to come home for 2 weeks for the birth of the baby, so keep your fingers crossed and pray for us too. Almost every wife in his Company is pregnant so we will see who's solider makes it home in time for their baby's birth. This will be my first year ever spending the holidays alone with only the girls. I just have to keep reminding myself, only 3 years and I will be back in the states!! Its not forever! I wish Philip and I were able to accomplish more before he leaves.
I have my European Drivers licence and I'm am waiting for my GPS system to arrive in the mail. Once I have the GPS system in my car I will feel more comfortable driving around. I have learned how to park downtown, I know where to park and how to get from the parking garage to my Dr's office. I know how to get to the Wildlife Park and finally found a store downtown that sells maternity clothes albeit they don't have a very big selection, but I can always order online. It all may sound like such small achievements but when so many road signs are in a different language- I pat myself on the back!
I am still adjusting to not being able to jump in the car and go to Target, Kohl's, Payless, Wal-mart, Dillard's and Old Navy. Our dollar is very weak over here. To eat at McDonald's, just the 4 of us we can expect to pay $40. If I pull out 100 euros from the ATM, I can translate that to $150 dollars actually coming out of my bank account.
I just applied to for a job as a substitute teacher again this school year. I should start sometime this coming week. There were so many hoops I felt I had to jump through just to get this job.
I am attending the chapel here on post. The Army Chaplains are the preachers and the service is alot different from what I am use to, but the message is the same!!The girls and I go to church every Sunday and are praying one day soon Philip will join us.
Well I think I have touched up on everything that has been going on with us. I will update you with all our adventures as they unfold.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Updates and news from our new home in Germany
Posted by Denise at 4:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment