It's Marriage Monday
Well while we were on our vacation Philip began taking steps backwards. He had a drink. when he said to me, "I am going to go get a drink", I felt like a HUGE sword just stabbed me in my stomach. I felt sick. I knew this drink would push the door WIDE OPEN!
And so it did. Philip is drinking again. It truly breaks my heart. It hurts to even type those words. Every time I see him bring a drink up to his lips it feels like he is drinking away our marriage, our kids happiness, my joy. When he drinks he is refilling his cup or opening another bottle of selfishness, hate, hurtfulness, carelessness, and lays one more brick to the wall in my heart.
I prayed, I supported, I encouraged, I comforted, I followed, I stood in his corner while the world around him was biting at his ankles, I forgave and for some months I reaped what I had prayed so hard for.
He stays out all night and the sun always beats him into my home. I lay in my bed all night not able to sleep. My mind goes and spins. I try to imagine God's whisper in my ear, "I LOVE YOU". I try to imagine God's whisper, "I AM HERE". I try to feel God's arms around me. The next day I try with all I have to put on a smile and hope the girls did not notice that he was not home the night before. I pray they did not hear his slurred speech and swearing. I hope they did not peer around the corner to see him stumble or fall.







6 comments:
Revelations 21:5 is what I cling to in troubling times like this.
"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful."
You should read verse 4, too - consider it a hug from your loving Heavenly Father.
Thank you for your encouragement!
Oh Denise. As tough as it must be, you continue on in your prayers sister. Ask God for peace and pray Philippians 4:6-7: My God, I thank You that Your Word says 'be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, I can let my requests be known to YOU and that Your peace, which surpasses ALL understanding, will guide my heart and mind through Christ Jesus.
Sweetheart, I will never pretend to know a lot of answers but will always lead you to God's Word. My opinions mean nothing without the backing of the Holy Scripture.
God's Word will oft times give us a good kick in the behind, but it is the ultimate in love, direction and correction.
Do all that you do to honor God (not man)(Colossians 3:23-25)
Keep on respecting your husband (Eph. 5:33)
Win him (your husband)by your example (1 Peter 3:1-6).
This marriage road, as you know, is not always easy and trials are always undesirable. Dig into the book of James. It talks so much about trials AND overcoming them.
The enemy is under our feet and we can defeat him every time..WITH God!
If you want to talk more, you can email me (knellums8@gmail.com).
Love you and I'm praying for you and your marriage right now! I know that this is real and hurtful. Be strong and courageous. Get on your armor (Ephesians 6:10:18) This is a battle. I'm in the trenches with you!
Your pictures are beautiful Denise, but your words make my heart heavy with you. I WILL pray for you and your family. Do you have a church family that is a good support and source of counsel for you? I will pray specifically for God to bring a man into your hubby's life to encourage and bring accountability. And I will pray for you to have the perseverance to keep on with the prayer and the encouragement and positive words whenever the Holy Spirit whispers them to you and through you. Keep God's Word near and in your heart so that you can be filled and comforted at night, especially.
Really glad I stopped in to read today. I will be praying. Let me know if I can help "from here."
You're sleeping now as I write, so I'm praying for peace as you rest,
Julie
denise- i'll be praying for you guys!!! it's easy to share things in praise of our families, but takes great courage to share when things aren't going right. you have friends & God on your side. ((hugs))
I would like to invite you to visit my blog. I would love to get your comments on some of my recent posts.
http://alonganarrowway.blogspot.com
God Bless!
Post a Comment