It was hard for me to share the struggle in my marriage last week. I thought a lot about blogging about Philip and his struggle with alcohol. I am so thankful that I made the decision to publish the post!!
Thank you to every one who is praying for my husband and our marriage! Last week I was so depressed and so anxious about the weekend. I was worried that Philip was going to come home from work with a bottle of beer and some liquor. I did not want the weekend to come. I was sick to my stomach just thinking about the weekend. I was sure Philip would come home with some sort of alcohol. I am so happy to announce that Philip did NOT drink the entire weekend!! On Saturday our family was invited to eat dinner at a neighbor's house. Philip turned down the invitation because he did not want to be around the alcohol. My goodness! My heart overflowed with thankfulness and praises to God! I went to my friend's house for dinner. While I was down the street at the neighbors, Philip walked Joslyn to her friend's house for a sleep-over. He helped Allison pick out new school shoes online. Philip also gave the baby a bath and put her to bed! Sunday Philip gave me a "day off". He took care of Moriah and her needs all day long! God is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!! Please, please continue to pray for Philip and our marriage. Thank you all so, so very much for your encouraging words, good advice, friendship and your prayers! I am so thankful to Deborah, Kela, Sarah, and Julie, my Mom and of course GOD!!! Please continue to pray for Philip and our marriage. Thank you!!
Your sister in Christ,
Denise
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Thank you!
Posted by Denise at 12:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
God is most faithful!! We got you! :)
Thank you for letting us know how things are goin.
Prayers continuing my friend. My sister.!!
Continued prayers for you & family...God is good!!!
So happy to hear this, I have been praying as well sista! I love you both and those girls so much, you know!! I will continue to pray that the Lord helps us all keep our priorities straight for our families!
Post a Comment