Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Fall Y'all!

It's been a little hard for me to get into the Fall spirit. With Fall comes shorter days (it will start getting dark at around 5pm), less sunshine, and winter is just around the corner. I don't like the winter over here at all! I bought a couple of candles. One is a Spiced Pumpkin scented candle and the other is a Autumn leaves scented candle. I'm still not much into the Fall spirit even when my home smells like things of fall! I really like the "fall weather" in San Antonio. It's not too cold in San Antonio and I don't have to worry about snow and the bitter cold of the winter that hits most other states.
On Thursday our family recorded our Holiday Greeting that will air on local TV channels across south TX  beginning Thanksgiving day and show through  New Years Day! 
Allison and Joslyn were finally able to see the movie Ramona and Beezus at our local movie theater here on post last weekend. They really enjoyed the movie. It was a cute little flick.
I started a new bible study on Sunday morning called Apologetics  for a New Generation . From this study I hope to learn how to better defend my faith and become more effective in my witness to others. To become salt and light to others. We are reading chapter 2 this week.

Joslyn, Allison, their friend Alisha and I went to see Kris Allen in concert. Kris Allen won season 9 of American Idol. He is on a Support the Troops tour and Schweinfurt was one of his stops! Philip stayed home with Moriah.




Thursday night we went to Philip's company meeting. Everyone was encouraged to wear a costume (however the FRG leaders who encouraged everyone to wear costumes did not wear costumes themselves. I thought that was strange) The company raffled off a few pieces of crystal. We didn't win any :( I forgot to take pictures of everyone in costumes, no worries though. I will take lots of pictures on Halloween night. Philip and the girls are off this Monday in honor of Columbus Day. I am not sure what we are going to do for the 3 day weekend other than church and bible class of course. Maybe I will go shopping for some Fall decorations or a Fall like center piece for the dinning room table.

0 comments: