Last night everything around the house was stirring about as normal. Joslyn was practicing on her flute, Allison was finishing up her homework on kitchen table, Moriah was climbing onto the kitchen table chairs (she recently figured out how to get onto the chairs and will climb onto the table top) and I was talking on the phone with my mom. My neighbor came over and asked me if I would like to go out for a evening walk with her. I gladly accepted the invitation! While we were on our walk her dog got off the leash and attacked another, much smaller puppy. The puppy was rushed to the emergency vets office and the Military Police were called. A report was made. After information was given and information was taken I came back home. I shared the story with the girls. I walked to my room where Philip was. I was telling Philip about what had happened during my walk with the neighbor. Joslyn and Moriah were behind me and Allison was in the shower. Moriah was trying to make her way into Joslyn's room (we do not like Moriah in Joslyn or Allison's bedrooms, because she gets into everything and always finds something small to put in her mouth). Joslyn closed her bedroom door not noticing that Moriah's little fingers were in the the crack off the door, where the door hinges are, and the door frame. Joslyn closed the door on Moriah's pinkie finger. I open the door and scooped Moriah up into my arms. I took one look at her finger and saw her finger was smashed flat! I was horrified! I was screaming at Philip, I did not know what to do. I opened the phone book and looked for the phone number to the ambulance. When I called the number of course a local German answered the phone and only spoke German, so I hung up on him. I grabbed a blanket, wrapped Moriah up, had Joslyn grab my purse and car keys and Joslyn and I took Moriah to the ER. I wan't Joslyn to come with because she was so scared and so upset that she closed the door on Moriah's little finger. I wanted Joslyn to see that Moriah was going to be okay, and I did not want Joslyn to have to stay home and worry her little heart away.
I prayed the entire way to the ER.
When we arrived at the ER the doctor came out right away. I explained to him what had happened. The Doctor had the X-ray Technician come in and she took Moriah and I around the corner into the x-ray room. She took 2 x-rays of Moriah's finger. We were then escorted to a bed to wait for the results. Less than 5 minutes later the Doctor came in and let us know that her finger was not broken! I was so relieved! Through out the ordeal I tried to reassure Joslyn that this was an accident. I told Joslyn I loved her and everything would be okay! I was happy Joslyn was with me when the Doctor confirmed that her finger was not broken. The nurse tried to wrap Moriah's pinkie in a bandage wrap, but Moriah pulled it all off with in a minute of it being put on her. The Doctor told us everything was just fine and I could give her tylenol for the pain. We were then released. We were in the ER no more that 30 minutes! AMAZING! God was all over this situation!
When we got home Moriah and I laid down with Joslyn in her bed and I prayed over Joslyn. She was so shook up from what had happened. I wanted to help give her peace. I prayed out loud over Joslyn and Moriah fell asleep while I was praying for Joslyn. I took Moriah and placed her in her crib. I then climbed back into bed with Joslyn and ran my fingers through her hair until she feel asleep.
I am so thankful for the many blessing God blessed us with in this situation. He is wonderful! I thank you Lord for holding Moriah in your hands and keeping her from great danger!
Thursday, October 14, 2010
A Night I Will Remember!
Posted by Denise at 11:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment