Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Catching You Up on Our Family's Activities!

Recently Allison, Moriah and I made a 30 minutes drive on the autobahn and our destination was Toys 'R' Us in Bamberg! We have not been to a Toys 'R' Us since we lived in the states. Allison bought a electric keyboard (99 euro) with her own money! She was so happy!!



Allison is now taking piano lessons twice a week. She loves it! She is learning quickly! One of the teachers at the elementary school teaches the piano lessons and he invites the the students to come to school early and practice on the piano he has in his classroom (this also motivates Allison to leave the house early!)
Allison is also taking horse back riding lessons every Monday for 2 hours. Of course she LOVES that!! Allison was able to go into the pin and pick a horse to train on. She found out later the horse she picked was named Daisey, just like our dog. Allison was taught the proper way to walk the horse. She walked Daisey from the pin to the barn. Allison brushed the horse, cleaned her shoes, saddled her (Allison is training on a English saddled opposed to the western saddle we are used to in the states) and jumped right into the saddle on Daisey's back. Allison learned the rhythm of the horse while walking, trotting and running!! I think I will continue her lessons until we leave Germany!









This week is our Spring Break. Allison is going to church camp from 9:30-12:30 every morning. Thursday the church camp is going to the Nurnberg Zoo. However Allison will not be able to go because we are leaving for Berlin!! We took the girl's to the Nurnberg Zoo once before anyway.
Joslyn is now at Durbuy Adventure Park in Belgium with Club Beyond. Joslyn had 2 other girls spend the night with us on Friday night. I woke the girls up at 5:45am Saturday morning and had them at the chapel by 7am! My car was packed with LOTS of luggage!! They will return from Belgium tomorrow night. I can't wait to hear all about it. Joslyn took her camera. I hope she didn't forget to take pictures (I will share some with you too). I hope her camera comes home in one piece too!




Saturday April 16th Moriah turned 2! Can you believe it?! We had her birthday party at Kinderland in Wurzburg. It is about 30 minutes from our home. We had about 9 families come and help us celebrate her 2nd birthday! Everyone had so much fun.


Now I'm off to cook dinner and help Allison clean her room. Tomorrow I plan to pack for our trip to Berlin, and get a few more things for Easter baskets! Busy, busy, BUSY!!! Before I go here are a few pictures for you to enjoy of Moriah playing with a few of her birthday presents...

0 comments: