Sunday, May 2, 2010

Begining of a New Week and New Month!

Allison had a good friend spend the night at our house last night. Allison's friend, Samantha went to church with us this morning. After church the girl's went to Sunday School while I went to Bible Study. We are studying the book of Revelations. I have always avoided reading this book. It has so much symbolism, it talks about the end of the world (that scares me, even as a child of God), there is just a lot in Revelations that I never really understood so I just didn't read it. I am thankful for this Bible Study. It really helps me understand more of Revelations and the symbolism. I don't think 1 hour a week for about 9 weeks is long enough to study Revelations. I hope sometime in the near future I am able to join another class and study more of this book of the Bible. The book we are using as a study guide is Breaking The Code by Bruce M. Metzger

After church, Bible Study and Sunday School the girls and I went to eat at Subway. I had a coupon for 3 free 6 inch sub sandwiches! After lunch the girl's and I hit the PX. The girl's went to pick out Mother's Day cards for Grandma and for me. I went to see what new clothes they had in my size. Joslyn and Allison each used their pre-paid debit cards. They have both finally memorized their pin #'s. When we came home Joslyn and Allison changed their clothes and ran outside to meet up with their friends. Philip took care of Moriah while I laid down for an hour nap. Philip also went grocery shopping for us!!!Thank you so very much Philip (I know you read my blog ;) He came home with the groceries and put them all away too! Love you so much Philip, You awesome Husband you!!
We were invited to a friend's son's 1st birthday party yesterday. On our way to the birthday party we saw some of the local German's celebrating May Day. We saw the German Fire Fighters raise the May Tree in front of the Rathaus, or the city hall building. You can see the fire fighters at the trunk of the tree. You can also see the ribbons hanging from the tree branches. I think that being able to witness a German tradition in a small German town was a great experience!


Here is a picture of Moriah pulling a string from the pinata at Jr's 1st birthday party. Moriah pulled the string that let all the candy fall from the pinata!!




Have a wonderful week and a magnificent month of May!

0 comments: