Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend!

This weekend started with a BEAUTIFUL Mother's Day Tea program from Allison and her 3rd grade classmates on Friday. Allison handed me an invitation to the program on Wednesday. The program began at 8:30am Friday morning. There were Mother's Day Books read, the cutest songs sung from the kids to all the mother's, and funny, sweet skits put on by the kids for all of us mother's! After the program the kids all came out into the audience and handed each of their mother's a single rose! It was the cutest program ever! I really enjoyed it! I ordered a DVD of the program and I can't wait to get it. I am going to watch it all the time! Allison is sooo sweet! I love her sooo much!!


Friday was also Spouse Appreciation Day and the military community gave every spouse a free ice cream Sunday at the PX. Philip came home from work Friday evening and suprised me with beautiful flowers!





On Saturday Philip, Allison, Moriah and I went to the local flea market (Joslyn went to play at a friend's) We found so many beautiful things at the flea market. We bought a new Bavarian China set (we live in the state of Bavaria),
                                     
                                              and 2 beautiful pieces of Bavarian Crystal.
Philip found a display plate with the Bavarian crest on the front and the Bavarian state song on the back (of course its in German)
We can't wait to go to the next big flea market in July. Philip and I have already decided to wake up early and spend the whole day shopping for good deals and Christmas presents to send back home! We have the date circled on our calendars!!
On Sunday, Mother's Day the girls and I went to church (still praying Philip will join us one day soon) The Chaplin at church handed all the kids a rose to give to their mother's it was so sweet. The Chaplin asked Allison to name 2 special things about her mother and held the microphone up to Allison. Allison answered, "My Mom is pretty and brave"! She melted my heart as well as everyone else!!
After church we went to eat brunch at the Conn Club. It was delicious!
When we came home Joslyn and Allison brought out all the Mother's Day cards and gifts they had made at school and home. Their presents were so touching. I just love homemade cards and gifts from my girl's they are the sweetest and best gifts ever!!
Philip and Moriah gave me a sweet card and beautiful jewelry!
I wish I could have spent Mother's Day with my mom. I was able to Skype with her for about 2 hours. I had an AMAZING weekend!! Thank you to Joslyn, Allison, Moriah and Philip for making it so special!!

3 comments:

Sarah B. SMITH said...

what a great day.. i loved seeing the pictures you have in a frame of the ones justin took at the park 2 yrs ago.. what beautiful crystal and china set that you will cherish forever!.. and the black and white of moriah.. so beautiful.. you know I notice pictures all the time..

Jackie said...

Blessed by your blog and following now! So enjoyed your post and photo's!!

Sweet Blessings!
Jackie

Carrie Cooper said...

Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

Hi, Denise! This is my first visit to your blog...your Mothers day story is precious. My children made me some sweet things too! I to see their creativity and whats going on in their little hearts.