I participate in Marriage Monday's from Come Have A Peace blog.
Philip was going to church with us regularly, but has stop attending church just recently. I was so happy to have my husband with us on Sunday mornings. We have been married close to 5 1/2 years. I can probably count each time Philip has been to church with us throughout the 5 1/2 years we have been married. So when Philip came home from Iraq this 3rd time and began going to church with us, I was ecstatic! After church one Sunday we went shopping and Philip began picking out clothes and shoes just for church. I was beside myself! That was a wonderful site to see! I began to wonder why God had answered so many of my prayers in such a short amount of time (I really began to cover Philip in prayer in May 2008)Here it was just shy of 2 years and God had answered almost all the prayers I prayed over Philip! As I was praying I thought it would be years before I saw dramatic changes in Philip. I was so thankful yet didn't think I was so deserving of God's grace.
Well Philip soon stopped going to church with us. First he gave excuses for not going with us to church, then he just decided that church is not for him. I'm so sad. Philip faith in God is so small and it worries me. I have to remind myself of the bible verse: "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20 I will continue to pray for Philip and his faith in our Savior! I am sure one day Philip will THIRST for God's Word! Please pray for my husband too!
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Thank you so much for sharing this. I will be praying for Philip now. God's blessings. Lloyd
Praying Denise!
Thanks for sharing your heart Denise! Stand firm with praying for your husband. The Lord will never give up on Philip and it will be again in his time! Praying over you all!
Thanks for sharing. I will be praying for your husband.
~blessings
Dorcas
Post a Comment