Saturday, December 20, 2008

Our 4th Wedding Anniversary!


Well 4 years ago today, Philip and I walked into the Bexar County Court House and walked out a couple hours later husband and wife! My parents, his parents, Joslyn and Allison were all there to witness this wonderful event and help us celebrate our happiness! Unfortunately Philip and I have not been able to spend each and every day together. Only a couple months after we were married he left for Iraq. So the first year of our marriage we were separated. Philip, the girls and I were finally able to live together for the first time as a family in June of 2006. We still had a couple months where Philip had to leave our home for training, however we had 2 amazing, wonderful, hard, trying, struggling, blessed, awesome years together in Ft. Hood, TX. We have made it to our 4th anniversary, pregnant with Philip's first biological child, and separated once more for another year! Philip wrote an email, I'll share it:
Denise I know it's been probably about 3-4 days since I last called you, but I got really sick and didn't feel motivated enough to go to the internet/ phone cafe, but I'll try to call you tonight. Tell the girls I love and miss them. I miss you, and love you Beautiful! This anniversary makes 4 years for us. I can't believe I've been married 4 years.... Granted I've been deployed for one year of that, and separated from you at Ft. Riley, about 4 months of it, and Warrior Leadership Course, and BNCOC training, etc... But never the less you've put up with my crap for 4 years, and everyone that knows me knows that's SIMPLY AMAZING!!! Because nothing about me is NORMAL... per say.... But I'd like to take this email opportunity to let everyone know that Denise is the most amazing woman that I have ever met, and she knows more about me than anyone ever has, and that's probably not a good thing (refer to sentence about nothing about me is normal). And when we argue... I know that we both hate it... But we truly do Love each other. Thank you Denise (My Beautiful) for being my wonderful wife. I know that God put you in my life not only because we're meant for each other, but because God knew that you were the only one that would be able put up with and handle all the crap that goes on in my life. You are Truly Amazing, and thank you again Beautiful. I'll call you tonight. Love Philip. P.S.S.S. Love you guys!

1 comments:

Sarah B. SMITH said...

thanks for sharing that Denise, I hope he continues to appreciate everything you do and him as well.!