Moriah Faith Windhorst is finally here! She came into the world on April 16, 2009 at 8:05 pm. I went to St. Josef's hospital on Wednesday April 15th at 8am to be induced (we wanted to be sure to have Moriah born while Philip was here in Germany and wanted to be sure that he would be able to spend time with her while he was on his 2 week R&R. My Dr and I planned that if she didn't come on her own by the 15th, that I would be induced). I was given tablets to help with the contractions at about 9am Wednesday morning. I was not dilating, but I was having bad contractions. I was given tablets every 2-4 hours throughout Wednesday and Wednesday night, but I was staying at 1 centimeter, I was not dilating. It was very frustrating! Thursday morning came and I was still at 1 centimeter. I was so upset! This should not be happening. This is my 3rd baby for crying out loud. She is supposed to just fly out! This delivery was supposed to be a breeze! My contractions were so bad, I was not eating or drinking anything. I began to think I would never have this baby and I should have just let her come on her own instead of being induced. I just wanted her out and I was willing to just have a C-section!! Thursday afternoon I was finally given an epidural! I was so relived. Somewhere between 7pm and 8pm my Dr came and gave me some medication through my epidural. I had no idea what it was or what he was doing (I really didn't have a very good idea of what I was given or what was going on, most of the midwives didn't know much English and my Dr didn't know ANY English. I had to just trust what they were doing!) About 5 or 10 minutes later I had the sensation that I needed to poop! I told Philip that I needed to go to the bathroom, and he would have to help me. Philip told our midwife that I needed to go to the bathroom. She wanted to check if I had dilated any. All of a sudden she says, "Look look her head!!" She tells Philip to grab on leg, She grabs the other and I begin to push. I was so weak, I felt like I was going to pass out! Thank goodness Moriah came out after about 4 pushes! She weighed 3500 grams (7 lbs 9oz) and was 53 centimeters long. Moriah and I had to stay in the hospital Thursday night, Friday, Saturday and Sunday because the pediatrician wouldn't be able to see Moriah until Monday morning! So after we got the clear to go and knew she was healthy we left the hospital so FAST. We were ready to get home and be with family!




Sunday, May 3, 2009
Our New Little Piece of Sunshine!
Posted by Denise at 4:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
love seeing new pics of your darling.. congrats once again!
Post a Comment