I know today is not Monday. I really like sharing with Come Have a Peace on Marriage Mondays and I can ALWAYS use all my Prayer Warriors as well as all the prayers you pray for me and my marriage! So today is Wednesday, but this is my Marriage Monday...
Our car is a 2002. It's an old car and showing its age. Last year I had to have a few senors replaced. The total bill came to about $900. We have not had any other major problems with our car since last year. For about a month now our car (in Philip's mind) is falling apart. There are a lot of problems with our car, but I don't think they are major problems. We need an oil change (regular maintance on any car, new or old) and new tires (something every car needs every few years or so) Our car does have some minor problems. I don't think its necessary to fix these minor problems all at once.
We are down to only 1 car. Last summer I went home to San Antonio. While I was visiting I was using Philip's (1997) Suburban. It was stolen from my parents driveway. We were trying to sell the Suburban anyway, so I wasn't sad that it was gone. I was more upset that someone stole something of ours! I always knew in the back of my mind that eventually we would get a 2nd vehicle.
Philip has shown a significant amount of intrest in buying a 2nd vehicle just within the past few days. We only have about 1 more year to pay off our Explorer. In my own thoughts I was thinking that we would pay off the Explorer and just continue to have 1 vehicle for a while, save some money, or travel, or both. I am convinced that we do not need 2 vehicles over here. I am asking for prayers that Philip won't jump head first into a big purchase like this.
Philip is also peddling with the idea of using the Explorer we have now as a trade-in and buying 2 BRAND NEW cars! That is just a absolute crazy idea. I just don't understand how he thinks we could possibly afford 2 car payments. It reminds me of a toy. Kids will say, " If you buy me this toy I won't want ask for anything else". Philip says, "This car is causing me too much stress. If we buy a new car I won't have that stress anymore". We will ALWAYS have stress, especially with 3 kids and they are all girl's on top of that! If a kids shoe lace tears do we go out and buy another expensive pair or just buy new shoe laces (I would buy new shoe laces)? When the subject comes up I get very anxious and both Philip and I begin to raise our voices. I need patience. I pray for patience. Please pray for us. Of course I am praying too. I am going to give God my anxeity and all my concerns! Thank you so much for your prayers (and I'm calling you mom, to talk to you about this)







1 comments:
May the peace of God reign in your hearts and minds.
Patience is hard to practice. Keep looking to Him. Philippians 4 is a great chapter to meditate on.
I'm hosting a HELLO, HANDSOME! Blog Party and hope you link up:
http://www.homemakerhoney.com/2010/05/hello-handsome-blog-party.html
Blessings,
Deborah
Post a Comment