Philip and I went to the middle school to register Joslyn for 6th grade. When I came home I felt sick to my stomach. I didn't feel good at all. I remember having a similar feeling the summer before Joslyn began kindergarten. I was so nervous about Joslyn starting school. I worried about who, if any one, would tie her shoe laces when they came undone. How would Joslyn be able to carry her very own lunch tray with out dropping it....!
As Philip and I walked into the middle school the kids were changing classes so the halls were crowed with students. All the kids looked so tall, the lockers looked big...! I'm just not ready for Joslyn to go to middle school! When I came home I could not wait to see Joslyn. I missed her so much! Joslyn came home, dropped off her backpack, put on cooler clothes (it was hot today) and said to me, "I don't have any homework. I'm going to go play outside with Mia. I will be back home before 6pm" (the girl's have to be inside every evening before 6pm. I try to have dinner on the table by 6 or no later than 6:30) and out the door she went!
Well at 9pm Joslyn and Allison went to their beds. I went to lay down with Joslyn in her bed first and planned to lay in Allisons' bed there after. Joslyn told me ALL about her day at school and what she did outside after school. I really enjoyed spending that one on one time with her. It was special. I plan to keep it up every night until she doesn't want me to anymore (I pray she always wants to spend that special time with me).
Joslyn sounds like she is really looking forward to middle school. She is excited about having the freedom to sit wherever and with whomever she wants at lunch time. Tomorrow Joslyn and the rest of the 5th graders will walk to the middle school for a orientation and walk through of the school. I can't wait for tomorrow night- to lay with Joslyn in her bed and hear all about it!
The girls last day of school is Tuesday June 15. Allison has asked a few times if we could have a picnic outside. I am thinking about having Allison make a few invitations and invite a few of her girl friends over. We can have a picnic by the BBQ pit area behind our house one day next week after school is out for the summer. I will let Allison do most of the planning and all the inviting. Of course I will limit the number of invites to 5 girls! So I will post pictures next week!
My girls are growing so fast! I can't allow these precious moments pass me by!
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Not Passing up the Small, Precious Moments!
Posted by Denise at 11:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment