Wonderful Marriage Monday idea from Come Have a Peace blog.
Philip had the past 4 days off from work (he always has Saturday and Sunday off. His unit had Friday and Monday off as well).I was looking forward to this weekend. I had plans to take the girls swimming and expected Philip to come happily along with us. I was very disappointed when Saturday morning rolled around. Philip and I were laying in bed. I told him that we were going to the pool. He was not thrilled with my announcement. Philip had plans of staying home and working on a evaluation form for one of his soldiers. I was so mad at Philip for not having the desire to spend time with us at the pool. I tried to convince him that the evaluation form could wait until Sunday or Monday. Didn't work, he was not going to go to the pool and that was that! I was angry and hurt.
Through out the years I have heard that it can be good to lower my our expectations, especially expectations of our spouse. So as I make plans for the girl's and I, I will not expect Philip to come along or participate. I have been let down too many times. I will still have fun with the girl's and plan fun things for us to do. If Philip does come along or participate then that will be a wonderful surprise and a big bonus!!
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







8 comments:
Followed the link here from Julie's Marriage Monday post. I put up the link on "Favorite Marriage Books." I hope you'll swing over there and visit, and maybe even offer to share your opinion on a book.
You have a nice blog. And your steady, patient perspective is going to ultimately be a blessing to your family.
Denise, it's so easy to be hurt because of expectations, isn't it? I realize that I've often had expectations of my husband, Jeff, when he was unaware of them. We've been married almost 20 years, and I'm still learning how and when to communicate well, so that we both share our needs and our hopes and our plans. Keep being patient and forebearing, and I know it will pay off.
I'm glad you linked to Marriage Mondays. You would be blessed by Melanie's book that I mentioned today.
Blessings,
Julie
Came across your blog from Julie's Marriage Monday post. Noticed that you are a fellow Christian military spouse. Nice blog!
I enjoyed looking over your blog. I found your profile on another blog I follow and I added myself to follow you. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower if you want to.
God Bless You, Ron
What an uplifting blog you have. I enjoyed reading your posts and looking at the different photos. God bless, Lloyd
The title of this blog says it all...what a great title and TRUTH.
I'm your newest follower and I invite you to look over my blog and perhaps become one also.
I enjoyed visiting your blog! Very inspiring
Hopefully you will appreciate mine also
God Bless, Bob West
http://westbob.blogspot.com/2010/04/line-upon-line.html
Post a Comment