Monday, April 26, 2010

Marriage Mondays *Back on My Knees

I am participating in Marriage Mondays from Come Have A Peace blog!
I realized the past few weeks I have not spent much time in prayer with God. I have not prayed for my husband, which is number one on my list of prayers. Philip has been very helpful the past few weeks. We haven't had a big disagreement in sometime. Things are going so very well in our marriage right now. I have noticed that Philip and I have been laughing a lot more, and he is willing to do so much with our family. I really need to get back on my knees and praise God for all the many blessings He has blessed my marriage with. I need to have that strong desire in my heart to spend time in prayer with Him! I have witnessed so many of my prayers answered by God. He has worked in marriage and I see it everyday in Philip. A lot of evening, after all the girl's are in bed, Philip and I will lay down together and watch a movie (if we are not so tired that we can't keep our eyes open). In my mind I always think about what little time I am spending in prayer with God. I will say to myself, "after the movie, I will pull out my devotional book and spend time in prayer". Well after the movie I begin to close my eyes and pray, but I never get past the first minute, I fall asleep. Philip is in Frankfurt tonight. He is having some issues with dizziness and he doesn't feel very rested when he wakes up the next morning. It does not matter how many hours of sleep Philip gets, he never feels well rested. His Doctor referred him to a clinic in Frankfurt where Doctors can observe his sleep.
After the girl's are in bed tonight I plan to spend time in prayer with God and pray over my marriage! I can't take this time of bliss for granted. I will continue to thank God for His answered prayers and I will get back down on my knees and continue to pray over my husband, marriage...

2 comments:

Julie@comehaveapeace said...

Denise, I'm so glad to ready your post today. My husband is getting ready to go away, and this is a great reminder to me to make use of my time of quiet to do the "work" of prayer for him and for our marriage. It's strange how something so powerful can actually by the thing that we ignore and let go ... untapped strength. Thanks for linking this up to Marriage Mondays today, and I hope you rest well. :)
~ Julie

Sarah said...

keeping you and philip in prayer as well. hope he gets some answers from the dr.