As you know I am reading So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore.
I have had seasons of insecurity especially in my marriage. In Chapter 2 of the book I read a passage that really hit my heart and opened my eyes: "The insecure person also harbors unrealistic expectations about love and relationships. These expectations, for themselves and for others, are often unconscious. The insecure person creates a situation in which being disappointed and hurt in relationships is almost inevitable. Ironically, although insecure people are easily and frequently hurt, they are usually unaware of how they are unwitting accomplices in creating their own misery".
This describes me! I don't want to bring my insecurities into my marriage. It hurts my relationship with my husband. I really do need to lower my expectations of Philip and so I won't become disappointed when Philip doesn't meet my expectations and therefore letting my insecurities drown me. This is something I pray about daily, and this is my Marriage Monday
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Good morning Denise. :-)
This is my first visit to your blog and I must tell you how lovely it is. Such beautiful colors.
I love your blog title! I have to tell you that this EXACTLY describes me and my testimony. I often joke that I had to move 1,800 miles for God to get my attention, but the truth was I needed to be in a place where the only thing I had was Him. Where the only voice I heard was His. Oooo He is so faithful!!
Blessings on your day today!
Theresa
Beautiful transparent post. Thank you for your honesty! I love this Beth Moore Book too!!
Much Love,
Courtney
http://www.womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com
I am doing this study at my church! I can't wait!!! It seems like all women will benefit from it!
Post a Comment