
I found Marriage Mondays on Come Have a Peace blog.
This past Friday Philip was promoted to a higher rank in the US Army. As with any promotion in the work force, with his rank comes more responsibility and more work. He is now a squad leader. He is responsible for 6 other soldiers. With this new leadership position Philip has a lot more paper work. Counseling statements for each soldier, evaluation forms, awards, etc. This means more work will have to be brought home and completed here at home. Philip's day begins at 5:25am and he comes home around 6pm. Sometimes he is able to come home for lunch. I look forward to Philip coming home every evening. He helps out so much with Moriah, the dinner dishes, Joslyn and Allison, and we usually try to watch a movie together before bed.
With his new rank I know sometimes his work will take the place of our movie before bed. I am going to have to remind myself of how much Philip wanted this promotion and what a blessing this promotion is to our family. I have a prayer journal I keep. I bought a journal a few months ago. I wanted to keep a record of the prayers I have prayed over Philip and I wanted to record how God answered my prayers.
I am going to add another prayer to my journal. I pray that Philip will not become overwhelmed with work. I pray that he will continue to have the desire to spend quality time with his family and intimate time with me. I am going to pray that God will help me to be the wife that Philip needs me to be when work becomes stressful. I am going to keep the house clean. I want Philip to come home to a nice clean house. Keep the refigerator and pantry stocked with food he likes. Have myself all made-up for him too. It makes me feel pretty too when I have cute clothes on, my hair fixed and make-up on. I will try my hardest to have dinner ready when he comes home from work and have the kids in bed by 8:30 no later than 9pm (Moriah will be asleep no later than 10pm, fingers crossed) Spending time in prayer with God always gives me great comfort and so much encouragement! So I am praying for my motivation as well! This is my Marriage Monday.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Marriage Mondays~New Promotion New Prayers!
Posted by Denise at 3:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Very nice Denise. Thanks for the link to the blog. - you are a great wife and mother!
Thank you Robyn. Your praise gives me great encouragment!!
Post a Comment