Monday, March 15, 2010

Marriage Mondays *Overcome Struggles*


This past week Philip and I hit another bump in our path of marriage. We got into an argument. We both said some hurtful things to one another. I tried so hard to pray over Philip, but it was so hard to pray for him after some of the hurtful things he had said to me. I would imagine Philip coming home with flowers and apologizing to me for how he had hurt me. That never happened. After a few days I finally realized that I was going to have to go to Philip and apologize to him first. It was so very hard for me to do. I thought he should come to me, he hurt me more! I was able to write a note to Philip and express my feelings to him through my letter (something my mother would advise me to do) After he read the note Philip came to me and accepted my apology as I accepted his. I know there will be more struggles in our marriage. Every marriage has them. I just pray the next rain we have will not turn into a STORM! I pray that Philip and I will be able to listen to each others concerns, worries, and problems and work together to over come struggles!

0 comments: